Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Monday, July 4, 2011

The next step...

I had the last week to rest and reflect on my life as a whole.  Obviously, running is a big part of my life. My teammates, competitors and all the passionate runners out there can all agree that the drive for success that runners have is what gives a runner the added edge/competitiveness in all walks of life.  I am so thankful for my family, friends and job that God has blessed me with.  I also am thankful for the gift of running.  I feel that i have never totally appreciated my ability to be able to run.  I feel i have gone through the motions.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I have trained very hard over my career as a runner, however I feel I have been running aimlessly for many of those years.  I am 29 years old and I know I won't be able to run forever.  My only goal i have now is to enjoy the journey as a working runner.  I will still have time goals to work towards but more importantly I am out this time around to enjoy the feeling of being competitive, thrive on the feeling of running fast, Smiling to start a race and definitely after the race and above all, to throw down the best performance i possibly can, each time I am on the road, course or track.

No comments:

Post a Comment