Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Sunday, August 30, 2009

The plan

Week 1: The Build up...
- I have decided to take the approach of using the Sunday to Saturday plan for recording my training. The majority of my long runs will fall on sunday's, so i feel it will be nice to see that bulk of my week's distance out of the way, right off the bat.
- Monday's will alternate week after week between a hill emphasis workout and an easy day of running.
- Tuesday's will be an easy distance day which will progress to a double run when my mileage exceeds 70 miles/week.
- Wednesday's will alternate between a track session (speed/strength or both...depending on race distance that is approaching) and a tempo/progression run. If I have a hill workout scheduled monday, I will have a tempo on wed. Easy day mon = track specific on wed...
- Thursday's will be another easy distance day which will progress to a double run when my mileage exceeds 70 miles/week.
- Friday will replicate Tuesday and Thursday if no race is scheduled for Saturday.
- Saturday will be a distance run day with some quality (if no race scheduled sat or sun).
(ex of quality: progression run, fartlek, high volume of hills within run)
*** The idea is having a 28 week plan that will end on March 21st in Virginia Beach.
***Mileage will increase to 110 miles/week but the idea is to average 75 miles over the 28 week span... This is completely foreign to me as I have only been averaging 40 miles/week for the last few years... I have good weeks at 65-70... then bad weeks at 30... With my new job and the flexibility, there are no excuses...
* Focus races for the remainder of the year include:
1. USATF Club XC Championships

* Focus races in 2010 include:
1. Shamrock Marathon (March 21st, 2010)
2. USA Mountain Running Championships (June)
***Along with focus races, I will jump in several local races in the MD/D.C area as well as in the Philly area.

No comments:

Post a Comment