Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!!! first post of the New Year!

Sunday January 2, 2011:
     16 miles at Rileys Lock

   I met a group of GRCers at Rileys this morning for a long run.  The temperatures were unusually mild for a sunday morning in january.  Many wore shorts which made me feel like winter came through and left immediately.  I certainly was not complaining after having to navigate snowy, icy streets in the philadelphia area over christmas break last week.  The run started out with not feeling great... I felt out of it.  However, as the run progressed, i felt better and better.  The final few miles felt real nice. 
   I am coming off my highest week since mid summer (80 miles in singles last week).  I will keep things consistent around the 80 mark for the next few weeks before dipping down some for the USA Cross Country Championships on February 5th in San Diego, CA.  This is not a huge focus for me but a race I want to run well at. 
  Heres to hard work =  success in 2011 !   

No comments:

Post a Comment