Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Monday, May 3, 2010

Broad Street didn't go as planned... That is all I have to say about that

5/2-5/8: GoSunday: 12 milesing up! (2 mile warm up- 10 mile "race?")
Monday: 9 miles: Cabin John Regional Trails (Felt below average)
I ran with a nice crew tonight over at Cabin John. The group consisted of Karl Dusen, Andy Sovonick, Jordan Snyder and Scott Koonce. We ran a nice 9 mile loop that took us on trail as well as some neighborhood roads off of Seven Locks. I was very congested today (worse than even yesterday.. I don't know if its the humidity or the fact that I have to be off antihistamines for the next 3 days (prior to my allergy testing at the immunologist). Side note: I got peer-pressured into attending an outing with Chicken Tender Runner to Famous Daves tomorrow night.
Tuesday: 5 miles: Today sucked for accomplishing a solid run. I had a lot of errands to run after soccer practice this afternoon...
Wednesday: 10.5 miles 2.5 up 4 x 1 mile w/ 400 jog recover 2.5 + down.
Ran repeat miles on capital crescent trail (between mile marker 2 and 3). I could not get on track with a lacrosse game going on so Mike and I decided to go to the C.C.T We decided on doing the repeats up and down between mile markers 2 and 3... it is gravel which is nice... but from 3 to 2, it is down hill... which means from 2 to 3 is a lovely gradual uphill.
Interval 1: 4:46 (yikes!)
Interval 2(up) 5:10 (ouch!)...
Interval 3: 4:56 (felt really smooth and relaxed)
Interval 4(up) 4:56
Overall, i felt like crap during the workout... I can't breath out of my nose... My head feels like it is going to explode... I am just glad to get a solid effort in... I have my immunologist appoint tomorrow... I cannot wait to get some valid answers finally...

Thursday: 8 miles... Felt heavy... but got through an easy run.
Friday: 7 miles.. ran at 5am to get it over with... felt surprisingly good.
Saturday: 11 miles

Ran an 11 mile run with miles 7 to 10 at progression.
mile 7: 5:18
Mile 8: 5:05
Mile 9: 5:11
Mile 10 and 11: easy
I felt ok... not great but felt somewhat comfortable and controlled at my hardest effort.
WEEK TOTAL: 62.5 MILES

No comments:

Post a Comment