Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Monday, May 17, 2010

Coming down some 5/16-5/22

Sunday: (12 miles)
With a 5k race win in the middle of the training day, I Ran a hard hilly run in the afternoon (post race). I ran sub 6:00's with a hard effort up each big climb on the hilly 6 miler. I felt spent but it was a good day.
Monday: (15 miles)
I ran out to the Mormon Temple with Karl in a nice fair temperature, rainy day. We enjoyed getting out into Rock creek park and running through the cool rain. With my first focus race this coming sunday, i wanted to load much of my weeks mileage into the first 3 days of the week and have a nice light few days leading up. My workout tomorrow will consist of an easy (pace emphasis tune up workout) I was planning on running the BCC workout at 6:30pm but the Flyers will be playing at 7:00pm... so that won't work... I will go directly to Tilden after my soccer game is over and squeeze the workout in... It is a tune up.. I was planning on doing some 2k's... but now I am looking at some repeat miles at 10k pace with 400 rest (most likely 3-4).
Tuesday: (9 miles) Track workout (3 x mile cut down session w/ 400 jog recovery)
2.5 mile warm up
Interval 1: 4:56
Interval 2: 4:44
Interval 3: 4:32 (2:19-2:13/64 last 400)
3 mile cool down
*** Felt really good. Karl helped me through the first 800 of the last interval and then I was able to drop it down but still kept it controlled.
Wednesday: (8 miles) Hill emphasis run
Ran around Rockville in the back neighborhoods off Tildenwood. I ran an out and back that had the middle miles covering some steep climbs and steep decents. I went controlled but quick on the ups and let myself open up on the downhills. I did this to tune up for the hilly course I will face in columbia on sunday. I am going easy for the remainder of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment