Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Saturday, May 1, 2010

King of Adversity! Broad Street ready or not! here i come

Adversity is something that we all face in life... Some more than others. When it comes to running, I experience my fair share... between illness and injury... as of late it has been the illness that has brought me down. I am experiencing my third respiratory infection in the last 5 weeks. The first took place the day before Shamrock 8k, the second took place over spring break that combined forces with the Flu... and as of tuesday, I got yet another. I went to a doctor yesterday who I found out is very aggressive with giving good powerful meds to his patients (plus he is a triathlete...so he knows what its like to want to get back out there quick). They took a blood test and a chest x ray. the xray was negative of Pneumonia (which is great!) however the blood test is still pending... His initial diagnosis states that I have acute allergic reactions to outdoor spores and pollen (which i knew effected me).. but i get a full blown sinus infection and the effects that one feels with bronchitis...
Anyway, I got put on Advair (steroid inhaler)and a prescription nasal spray (another steroid. I ran 5 miles this morning (after taking 2 days off this week in a row due to this setback). I felt ok... not great but not terrible. I feel like the inhaler and nasal spray have already helped my breathing... but I have to still cough up discusting junk from my chest as I run. I got the green light to race!
No high expectations... I want to run under 53:00 (which is frustrating to make that a goal)... But I am excited that once these medications are in me, I was told that I will be an entirely different person... as well as a runner. It will be scary when some consistent training can finally occur!
I want to reach my goal to make the trials more than anything! It is loafty... But I want it more than anything in this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment