Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Last week and on to the next

Last sunday:  16miles
                           1 mile shake out/2 mile warm up/10k race/7 mile easy post race run.

   The Veterans Day 10k did not go exactly as planned but it still was somehow a PR.  My 8k and 10k personal bests are two of my weaker records, so bettering those times isn't something i jump for joy about.  At the same time, the way I raced, my training lead up being in the early stages and the time I ran, i was satisfied on the day.  31:15 for 10k.  Ran through 15:37 at 5k and duplicated that exact for the second half.  In hindsight (which Jerry agreed with), I should have latched onto the pack a few seconds up on Paul and I at the mile mark... from there they continued that pace, where we gave them room (which i felt was smart at the time) and go for them when they begin dieing off... I never slowed but at the same time never got much faster due to running solo for the last 3.5 miles.  It is easier racing in a group then running by yourself... 

Monday:  10 miles (easy/med) with Hanson on the CCT
Tuesday:  10 miles (easy) with sloane on the Trolley Trail
Wednesday: 11 miles:  Workout wednesday:
            6x1200:  74's/72's/70's
                   We hit them pretty much dead on... a few a bit faster but overall very consistent.  The workout felt good.
Thursday:  6 miles
Friday: 6 miles + 30 minute PM swim
Saturday:  15.5 mile long run (from my house down rock creek trail towards D.C line and back)
  74.5 for the week


   

No comments:

Post a Comment