Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Week in review

I did not attend to my blog much this week with it being a crazy week.   I hit 69.5 miles for this week feeling pretty good.  I need to get a bit more sleep as Wed and thurs nights especially I did not get more than 5.5-6 hours. 

Sunday:  Gobbin Gallop 5k: 15:22 (2nd place).
              2mile warm up
              5k race
              3mile cool down
                20minutes of crying due to Eagles performance
                  8 miles for day

Monday: 10 miles around North Bethesda (where I live)...
                Ran in the evening with Sam and Chris... We stayed moderate for much of the run but near 
                the end we picked it up some.  Afterwards we went to Buffalo wild wings for MNF.

Tuesday: 11 miles in AM.
               Due to election day, i was able to meet up with my N. Bethesda Distance Project buddies for
               a run through rock creek park.  We got on the trails some half way through and meandered
               back to Grosvenor.  Nice run

Wednesday: Workout Wednesday!!! (10 miles total)
               2.5 warm up
                2 x 1600
                4 x 800
                   all with 2 min rest (400 jog)
                4:58
                4:55
                2:23
                2:21
                2:19
                2:14
                   all with 2min rest (400 jog)
                          * felt good throughout workout.  Literally went for a ride thanks to great training partners Karl, Ryan, Paul and Sam.

Thursday:  10 miles in evening on Cap. Crescent from BCC
                       Met up with sam for an easy to 10 miler.  The run was nice and relaxed.  It was a light drizzle which after warming up felt great.

Friday:  Unexpected double run... AM: 3mile (shakeout...)/ PM: 7 miles
                   I had to drop my car off at the dealer during my lunch break but realized I had no way to get back to my school... I put my running gear on and ran an easy 3 mile shake out back to my school... After school, i got home and ran from my place over to Georgetown Prep and ran their 5k XC course and then came back to get in a nice PM run.

Saturday:  10.5 miles from GRC.
                  After a 1 hour drive to get to GRC... Ryan and I were surprised and very happy to see that Jerry and Charlie were still at the store.  We ran out to Haines Point to run the Vet's day course.  we added on a bit on the towpath to get in 10.5 for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment