Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Saturday, February 13, 2010

6 miles on friday and 8 miles at the Haiti run today


This is the first week since my comeback where I ran everyday but 1 day off (on monday). Here is the totals:

Sunday: 8 miles

Monday:OFF

Tuesday: 3 miles

Wednesday: 6 miles

Thursday: 7 miles (sub 6 for middle portion)

Friday: 6 miles + 20 minutes of med/hard aqua running.

Saturday: 8 miles

Week 1 back total = 38 miles


Friday: 6 miles

I ran once again around germantown park (on the 1.2 mile loop and decided to venture down into the boyds woods on a very narrow backroad. I only saw 2 angry countrymen who love to go 80+ on those roads in their Ford trucks Yelling YEEE HAAA... Besides those two encounters it was peaceful on the backroads. I took it easy after yesterdays test to see how the achilles held up running at a higher intensity. Besides some soreness in the first 10 minutes, all subsided and the run was pleasant. I finished off in the pool with some med/hard spirts aqua jogging.

Saturday: 8miles

I was planning on running w/ Andy the chicken tender lover. since andy needed to make a late start, and the fact that I forgot I have some papers that need to be done today for a grad class I am currently working on, I opted for the Haiti run (which was 6 miles) and added on two to make it an even 8. I felt good... it was nice to run with people... The run was kind of crazy through the narrow streets and absent sidewalks through chevy chase... but we got through it and it was nice running in a big pack of people for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment