Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Friday, February 19, 2010

Week of 2/14-2/20

Sunday 2/14: 0 miles
I was unable to get a run in after a debacle that had to do with two girls, a parking garage and a Red Fox... As a result of not having a car all day and the lack of open road/sidewalks around my place, I was confined to just doing some core work...
Monday 2/15: 8 miles
I ran 8 miles around Germantown. I felt great getting up early to get the run in (with the day off school). I was pleased that my achilles did not get aggrevated running that early in the morning.
Tuesday 2/16: 8 miles
Due to a lovely 2 hour delay at school... I ventured down to North Bethesda and ran with Dusen for a rolling 8 mile run. We kept a decent clip over the windy hills in Kensington... I think its hilarous the names of the towns in the MD/D.C area... They are names that are town names also in philly but the type of towns are complete opposites... some examples: Kensington (Nice here... Dangerous in Philly) and Olney (very nice here... question is carjack or homocide).
Wednesday 2/17: 6 miles
Ran later in the evening in Germantown. Felt fantastic. I wanted to push but did no such thing.
Thursday: 2/18: 0 miles
I was very upset I did not get my run in today. I had a long day at work and met a friend for dinner as well and did not have good time management after the long day of work prior to evening plans. It is probably a good thing considering coming back but this can't and will not happen when I get over 50-60 miles again.
Friday: 2/19: 8 miles
I jumped in a workout with Chicken Tender loving Andy Sovonick. He was doing a 4 x 6 minute interval workout at Tempo heart rate level. I shadowed C.T and the only thing on my mind was BBQ or Sweet n' Sour??? Still pondering on this dilemma... Anyway, back to the run... Andy looked really strong... as he was talking through the whole thing. This kid has talent and I think he is going to really surprise himself in the spring/summer season to come! As far as my run, it felt great! we hit circa 5:30 pace for the 1.1 mile intervals... I had a warm up of 1.5 miles and with the 2 minute run b/w sets as well as adding on after the run... I came out with a solid 8 miles... Achilles is great!
Saturday: 2/20: 8 miles
I ran the Germantown 8 mile loop today. Besides the tight running along Clopper Rd with the lack of shoulder, the run went great! I wore my GPS for the first time in ages today. I ran a really nice 6:22/mile average for the 8 miles. I felt great running today. tomorrow will be my first double digit run since December 7th!

WEEK TOTAL: 38miles in 5 runs

No comments:

Post a Comment