Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Thursday, February 11, 2010

7.2miles in 43:45

I was confined to the 1.2 mile loop around Germantown park today. The plows cleared the motor-vehicle loop around the complex (obviously the trails-paved and dirt were under some 3+ feet of snow). I ran my first loop at a leisure effort (7:30 pace). My second and third laps I picked it up to test where my achilles was when continuing a tempo type pace effort for 2 plus miles. it didn't even phase it! if people saw me while i was running 6 laps around this loop... they would have A: asked what the hell are you doing... B: why the hell are you smiling while doing this... I obviously knew I couldn't be stupid a put the hammer down... though I thought about a paced 1.2 mile loop on the 5th lap... I held it to the 5:50-6min pace that I was hitting. I finished and knew that when I didn't feel that usual creaking/soreness in my achilles anymore after the more vigorous than normal effort I put in today... i am now ready to go. I am still keeping a very low mileage build up. but I am definitely going to open up in 5 weeks at VA beach in the 8k. Will i run fast... Probably not... Will I go out there and compete. You bet I will!

1 comment: