Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Monday, February 8, 2010

8 is Gr8!!!

I ended up running 8 yesterday as my first run of the first week in some time that I am logging mileage. My goal this week is to get 38 miles in this week (with 1 day off of no running). I should be able to handle this. 6 days this week will also contain 40 minutes of aqua running.
The Snowy 8 miler:
I ran with Mike and like usual we talked about what we always talk about. Running and Life. It definitely makes the miles go fast when you are engaged in a good conversation. Occassionally we would get quiet as we had to run through a snow drift... hold our breath down a short steep hill that had black ice (actually I would say the F word 3 times... heck, it kept me on my feet!). As we were completing the 5.3 loop on the tyler side... I realized that upon completion of the 5.3 (or South Loop), I would still have to run 2 miles back to the car... I was feeling great... the conversations we were having side tracked me... I wasn't going to finish a day with 7.3 miles... so I added on a bit at the end to secure an 8 miler. Was it fast NO. but boy did it feel good! I need to accept the fact that my achilles is going to hurt... But its not a sharp pain anymore... more dull and never gets worse until I am done running. I still cannot run early in the morning... As I need time to get up and get my achilles loosened up by means of stretch and massage.
Song of the Day: P.O.D "Alive"

No comments:

Post a Comment