Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The last few days

So, i have been a bit busy so i have not been on here in the past 3 days. I have been feeling surprisingly well since race weekend. The cold is still lingering with congestion but I feel just fine overall.
Sunday: 13 miles (stop and go style). I went on course to cheer Reeves and Sloane during the 1/2 marathon and the marathon. I basically ran 35 minutes... I stopped a bit... I ran 25 (a good portion of this with Reeves on his cooldown, I went into sloane's hotel lobby and ate free food at the continental breakfast with Beth (after chris past the half marathon mark), I went back out on course and finished up an additional 35 minutes. I will call it 13 as I was not running slow when i was running... the problem was the stopping... but i think i needed it... I got the 1hr and half + in for running... it was just broken up

Monday: 8 miles: I discovered the short but enjoyable trails behind Tilden park on my run. I felt sore in the first 10 minutes but loosened up and felt great at the finish of the run.

Tuesday: 9 miles (workout). So, i got lost going to American U to meet Murphy, Ban, Jake Marren for a workout. When I called Karl to plead for better direction than my Garmin was giving me, he mentioned that he was going to run over to Tilden middle with Jake while jake ran his repeat 200's... I jumped on it as I know where Tilden is! I warmed up 2 miles on the track... I went into a workout that involved 2 x 1600 and 2 x 800 (all 400 rest). This is the workout i stole from Patrick Murphy's proposal for the workout that took place at American. I felt like a pirate out there...
I was out in a hurry and went after the first interval.... Not real hard but harder than I have been going. I didn't expect to see a 4:43 on my watch when i completed interval 1 though!
Interval 2 felt equal in effort but i got off pace on lap 2-3 and ran 4:46.
I went into the first 800 just simply trying to run 2:20. I did just that. 2:20.01. I was a bit winded as I was having trouble breathing but my legs felt good still. I felt like I had bounce in my stride. I pushed the last 200 of the first 800 interval (as I was a bit slow through 400).
I had the plan for the last 1 that I would go through just a hair under 1:10 and try to put it down at 90% in the last 250. I did just that. I hit 400 in 68. and came back in 65 (2:13) for interval 800 #2.
I cooled down 3 miles total and called it a night. I felt good getting through this workout. The goal is still to get a PR on my very weak 5k PR (compared of course to my other PR's)... i am in no way saying that they are poor times... i just feel they do not compare to some of my other PR's in shorter and longer events. Sub 14:50 would be nice... I will be happy with sub 14:58 however.

No comments:

Post a Comment