Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Sunday, April 25, 2010

4/25-5/2: Broad Street is next!

Sunday: 12.5miles (1.5 am shakeout, 2 mile race warm up, 6.2 mile race, 3 mile cooldown)
Pikes Peek 10k:
Raced my first 10k in a long while. I told myself I would run conservative for the first 3 miles and the last 5k go for it all (feeling good at this point). My entire pre-race plan was neglected as I went out harder than planned... From 1.5 in, I felt winded and my legs were getting hammered. Even going out hard, i felt that the shape level I was in would still get me through 4 before feeling these effects... I was able to hold on little by little each mile up to 4 miles... I hit a bad mile between 4 and 5 (5:16 mile). I was able to get down to 5:05 for the last mile and was able to kick hard for the last .2 to slip under 32 minutes. It is a PR... which does not say much but still is a Personal Record. I am forcing myself to race conservatively at Broad Street.... No matter how good I feel at the early stages of the race. I want to come out of it feeling like I have more in me... 5:08's is the goal.
Monday: 11.5 miles on the Cabin John Trails. I felt great on the run... but have some congestion in my chest again... It did not seem to hinder the run... just annoying. Muddy run but fun.
Tuesday: 8 miles
Wednesday: 10 miles
Thursday: 8 miles
Friday: 6 miles
Saturday: 5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment