Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Monday, August 9, 2010

Two more high weeks to go!

Sunday: 18 miles
first 13 miles easy followed by 4 miles progressing to half marathon pace.
I met Jake Klim, Max, the rep from Accelerade who was in town and Paul Zwama (Dirks buddy from Holland) for a long run starting at "the line". We ran an easy effort for much of the run. Jake was out just for about 6 miles to see how his leg was holding up. He is down a bit right now but will be back and running before he knows it... he is doing everything right (going to therapy, now pool running) I miss not consistently training with the Fox. After we dropped Paul off at Dirks place, we continued back to Beach drive and ran up to the water fountain. Once we got there I took a quick swig and went into my progression. I started out faster than planned but it felt nice. 2 miles into the progression I got back to the parking lot and jumped on the rock creek trail where I could get my mile splits. I ran a 5:04 for mile 3 and ran 4:55 for my last mile of the progression and it felt controlled (considering I was now in 17 miles). I ran an easy 1 mile to make it an even 18 for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment