Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Friday, August 27, 2010

Back on Track

The last week I have been playing it a bit cautiously with some pain in my left achilles.  I have been seeing a PT for Active Release Therapy, Graston Tech Massage and guidance for my progression with this minor injury.  Dr. Beck told me that it is a nagging situation but not one that will hold you out for battle come 3 weeks from now.  I had to make some modifications in my regiment and have learned what works to keep the pain away and what does not. 
Sunday: 2 miles shake out.
Monday: 6.5 miles (felt good on the trails)
Tuesday: 10 miles (felt solid on the roads... little to no pain)
Wed: 3.5 am (a bit of pain starting out that subsided)
         10  pm: Workout
                       2 up
                       2 mile (9:49)
                          400rec
                       800 (2:26)
                       800 (2:25)
                       800 (2:24)
                       800 (2:23)
                                                                                                        all with 400 rest.
     *** I felt zero pain on the 2 mile.  I started "feeling it" on the 3rd 800 especially and the fourth 800 was painful throughout the duration.  I called the workout at that point and cooled down where the pain subsided after 5 minutes of running... I didn't feel any pain in last weeks workout because the run was continuous... The stop and go irritated my achilles.  As long as I don't stop for nature breaks or for small conversation with philly folk, I should be fine on race day.
   Thurs:  Meeting, PT appointment and got home late.  Took the day off (which with the achilles is probably smart). 
   Fri:  10.5 miles from Lake Needwood on Rock Creek Trail with Sloane.  Felt good throughout... A few of the steep ups in Lake needwood cause a bit of discomfort but nothing that broke stride.  However, my quads were unusually tight...
   Sat:  16 miles...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment