Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gobblin Gallop Recap

15:22 for 5k at Gobblin Gallop this morning.  Alot of up and downs on the course.  The time broke previous course record by 8 seconds however I was beat in the last 800 by Demesse Tefera... I don't know what it is but I make foolish decisions in the last part of my race against him and Megressa.  I made a strong move with about 1000 to go and I did not have enough in the tank to finish the job.  Coach said my finish form looked really good and it is simply what it is... A rust-buster race.  Time went out the window and was not something to look at on this course.

Splits:
      5:02 (downhill mile... Tefera, myself and McDougal).. no one wanted the lead
      4:48 (uphill for 1200/400 down)... Tefera and I broke away (9:50 through 2miles)
      Final mile was uphill until the final 300 meters or so.  I grinded up it trying to get away... In hindsight, I should have sat on Tefera and waited for him to move.  I made the same mistake against Megressa... I ususally have a good kick and i have not been smart with utilizing my strengths.  Either way, i will take this performance as a motivator... Very happy with the race.  100bucks for 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment