Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Thursday, June 17, 2010

a simple follow up dr's appointment.... + good running

Wednesday AM( 9 miles)(5:15am) i hit the roads prior to my last day of school!!! I got in 9 miles... I finally ran down randolph road and connected with the Rockcreek trail. Nice stretch there for the portion i ran on.

Thursday:( 10 miles) After checking out of my school for the summer this morning, I had a follow up appointment with my allergy immunologist. He began by just asking me the questions I was asssuming he would ask... how are you feeling on your meds, any better... etc etc... Then he says I want you to come into the other room... well the "other room" was where I got the countless prick testing done for the allergens i am exposed to... So, i was annoyed but i figured... whatever... no biggy... Well, he did not bring out the little prick needle... Instead he had 18 Syringes. He tells me... I need to inject you with these last 18 allergens we did not check for... and they require injection in the upper arm and the bicep (9 on each arm)... I was like... "Whatcha talking bout Willis"... but obviously had no choice... The outside of my arm injections were not bad but the bicep shots were rough... After small lines of blood that streamed down my forearm were cleaned off I got the hell outa dodge. I proceeded to head over to cabin john to get my 10miler done prior to my 5-9 camp meeting tonight. Well, I did not go to the Bathroom like I ususally do prior to running and i got 3 miles into the run and i was in trouble... i luckily did not get across Tuckerman lane to the opposite side of the main trail. I got in my car 3 and 1/4 miles into the run and drove to the nearest facilities... By this time, i did not have time to complete my run prior to the meeting... so, at 945, i headed out and ran an additional 7 miles... It was tough to do my second late night run of the week.. as I am very tired but I felt good out of the roads in the cooler temps... 10 for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment