Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A nice team workout


I joined 8 GRCers at BCC for a wednesday evening track workout. The proposed workout was a pyramid consisting of 800,1600,3200,1600,800. The idea was to run 5k pace for the 800's, 10k pace for the 16's, half marathon goal pace for the 3200 and the same on the way down. Karl and I worked together for the entire workout with Jake Klim and Dickson following close behind for much of the workout.
800meter (2:20)... right on
1600meter (4:46)... a few seconds fast of 4:50 but we were getting excited when Jake Marren past us on his mile TT.
3200meter (9:52)... a few seconds fast... Karl and I alternated every 2 laps for pace duties.
1600meter (4:48).. again a few seconds fast but felt solid and excited about the last interval.
800meter (2:04.5)..I was paced out by Karl and I took the lead with 450 to go... I up'd the pace every 50 meters until I was at top end with 150 to go... I closed in 56. (1:08/:56)

I was very happy with this workout... not because of the splits... but how I felt... I felt strong... really strong. I am in shape for sure... I just need to now focus on getting the consistent mileage i need... I have another 5 weeks until I will begin coming down... This means I am rising in the mileage... not too much more but definitely going to get up some more in volume (complimented by some longer tempos and half marathon pace work. I am working on doing the little things from here on out that i tend to neglect with a busy lifestyle... sleep, nutrition (which has been tough but I am improving), stretch, core work.

***IN OTHER NEWS... THE 2010 TOUR DE FRANCE BEGINS SATURDAY AT 11AM WITH THE PROLOGUE. Lance Armstrong will be back in 2010 as the assumed leader of Team Radioshack. It will be interesting how things pan out on this tour with former teammate but not on good terms Alberto Contador leads Team Astana. I love this time of the year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment