Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Sunday, June 20, 2010

This one is for my dad tonight

My dad has always been in my corner no matter what I have done over the years. As a kid and now as a young adult (28 is still in that category... :) ), I look up to my dad (Joe jr) as a big inspiration in my life. My parents taught me about what it means to be a good person and I try to follow the ways in which they live their lives as best as possible. My dad was the type of dad that wanted to be involved in everything i wanted to do. Whether it was coaching my youth soccer teams, baseball teams, coaching me during my BMX racing days... everything I did, he was right there to help me/teach me to do my best. When i began to run, my dad was always right there giving me encouragment. He always told me to never settle for second. To this day, he still tells myself and my brother bruce (who is experiencing MUCH success in the music industry) www.myspace.com/victoryinnumbers "Reach for the stars and don't let anything or anyone get in the way of your goals" I have taken that to heart in the last year and I would love nothing more than to reach my goal and dedicate it to my Dad.
Tonight is the GRC Fathers Day 8k. I have my work cut out for me... but i like my chances for a good performance. It will be hot which is a good thing... it levels the playing field a bit. Time does not matter, place is what I am after... This is the last race tonight for me until mid July.
Notables in tonights race:
Michael Wardian (USA/Arlington,VA) 2008 oly trials marathon qualifier
Dawit Assefa (ETH) 2:17 marathon PR
Berhanu Wukaw (ETH) 2:20 marathon PR
Haile Gelelcha (ETH) 13:50 5k PR
Gurmessa Megerssa(ETH) 28:45 10k PR

"To have a break out performance, one must go to a place they never have been before."

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post. It is touching to read this, especially knowing how you performed tonight. Congrats, sir! You are a true winner. Your father is certainly proud right now!

    ReplyDelete