Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Final Key Workout Complete...

Well the final key workout is in the books!  I am finishing up a week at 72-75 miles this week (with no long run built in and off singles).  I am feeling fit and the achilles has been holding up. I feel it but it subsides after 5 minutes of running/loosing up.  My final key workout (prior to going into tune-up mode) has a revist to the on/off 6 miler that I completed 3 weeks ago. 
  Overall 6 mile time (31:46).  26 seconds slower than the first session however 2 of my slow miles were slower than expected (8 seconds slow and 10 seconds slow) and I did not punch the final mile and kept it controlled.  here are my splits:
     5:50 (5:42goal)
     4:50 (4:47goal)
     5:52 (5:42goal)
     4:43 (4:47goal)
     5:40 (5:43goal)
     4:41 (4:47goal)
                31:46 total time.

  It is now time to get ready for a fast 5k this saturday at Kentlands and see where I am at.  I am strong, fit and ready to make the jump to a new level.  2 weeks from sunday is the showdown on the streets of philly... "Stay the course, get there and let yourself be rewarded."
2008 ING Philadelphia Distance Run
     http://results.active.com/pages/searchform.jsp#hot_links
 

No comments:

Post a Comment