Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Monday, September 13, 2010

Less than 1 week!

It is hard to believe that this time next week I will have already gone through much of the reflection process on how the half marathon went down in philly.  Did I run smart, did i do all that i could do, What positives did I come out of the race with for the next one, what aspects of the race can i work on... ????  I have been staying consistent with the miles which is something I have never done before in my running career.  Even last week I hit a 70 mile week.  This week is very light.  I ran 13 on saturday as my long run for this past weekend and got in 8 on sunday and 9 with some race pace effort smacked in the middle of the run. 
  I would be a liar if i were to say i wasn't afraid.  I am.  Attempting to run at a level that you have never been to scares the crap out of any long distance runner.  The anticipated pain and agony you know you will see.  Will I be able to push through it? I know I will have that push from above to help me but I must be able to get myself through 10 miles first.    The one thing i know i need to do is not get ahead of myself and simply run off "FEEL".  Meaning get out comfortable and don't think about time for the first 5k.  After that, its time to see what 20 weeks of the most consistent training I have ever done in my life can do.  No matter what the outcome of sunday turns out to be.  I have PR'd in 2 events that were a big monkey on my back, including a 14 second PR in the 5k just last weekend.
  I refuse to even talk about training or how I am feeling this week because, IT DON'T MATTER!!! THE HAY IS IN THE BARN (high-five to my GRC teammates for the best training partners this summer I have ever had).  No brotherly love come Sunday!

1 comment: