Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The mountains

The mountains of Lock Haven, Pennsylvania.  I ran saturday and sunday morning in the mountains with nothing around but me and nature.  I knew this weekend was what I needed...  A weekend to get away, spend time with some good people and cleanse my mind.  Last weekend is gone but not forgotten.  A day I will continue to reflect on but by no means will I let it get me down.  I don't know what could have been... but I know I was set up for something nice.  With a rough day, there is not much explanation.  Dehydration and cramping are something that you don't expect... Especially if you never have had problems with these things before.  Was it my nerves, not being able to stomach much before the race (water and food)?  These questions cycled through my mind all week.  I got up to Lock Haven friday night.  Prior to saturday's run, my college coach told me to just get out there and clear your mind.  Enjoy "hilly 9" and you will bounce back with your motivation.  This did the trick.  I have not run this famous Lock Haven XC run in many years.  It lives up to its name... You climb for about 3-4 miles and points that are steep enough to touch the ground in front of you while in stride.  The back side is a nice gravel road that neanders down through nothing but the mountains.  I saw only 2 cars the entire hour of the 9 mile hilly section.  I added on another 1.5 miles around campus and felt very clear and ready for the next step. 
  I enjoyed the Penn State/Temple game saturday afternoon with coach.  I have never been to a PSU game before and it was awesome!!!  Def want to get up there again for one soon!
  Sunday I ran a nice enjoyable run but this time staying more in the valley.  I was able to run on some more backroads I use to love running while a collegian.  I am ready for the next step.  I am back on my feet... What to do now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment