Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Friday, September 10, 2010

The taper

This week I have been still keeping my volume consistent to the last 2 weeks.  I will be in the 70's again this week but next week will be a very easy week leading into philly.  I had a nice relaxing 15 miler on sunday with monday and tuesday easy/med with a 10 and 8 mile run respectively. 
  Wednesday Workout:  I hit the track for a short but sweet workout to test out the wheels a bit off of pure strength training for the last 8 weeks.
    5 x 1000 cut downs (400 jog recovery)
        3:03
        2:58
        2:53
        2:47
        2:39
                Workout felt ok.  My legs felt good but my lungs hurt due to the dry air.  My GRC teammates all seemed to be dealing with the same symptoms dry throat  and burning lungs (indoor track lung) as we call it.  It was nice to open up the last 1000.  It felt better than the 3rd and 4th intervals which i guess is a good sign. 
"Take a shot... you may only get one so make it count." ~Gordon Bombay
"Go BIG or Go home"  ~Grind

1 comment: