Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Still Climbing and even more Hungry

   









Flash: Tucker Wiegner to enter the great dachshund race this summer...developing
http://www.keystonedachshundraces.com/

 I hit a 20 miler on monday to start off the week.  During this 6 week final lead up phase to Shamrock, I have switched to monday to sunday weeks.  I prefer sunday to saturday but the plan just ended up being this way.  I actually have liked it thus far, so i may switch back to this more popular layout. I finally felt my legs come back under me at the end of the 2 hour and 16 minute run.  On monday, I ran 9 miles easy in the am (due to a two-hour delay, i was able to sleep in a bit more prior to my run).  I felt good besides having to navigate through some snow/ice. 
   I have noticed a big increase in my appetite.  I have been losing some weight too but at the same time, i have been eating like a champ.  Tonight is another scheduled key-workout.  This will be the toughest thus far and leads into 2 more that in my opinion will be even tougher.  However, just like the half-marathon game plan (one mile at a time), I am looking at this as one workout at a time.  Better yet, one interval at a time.  The workout for tonight is 4 x 1.5 miles w/ 4 min rest between reps at 4:56, 4:52, 4:48, 4:44 pace.  We will have a nice group getting after it.  I will gain a lot of info on my progress and fitness from this workout tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment