Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I get knocked down.... and I get back up again!

The Flu is in the past... the residual effects are still with me congestion in the chest, throat and nose... along with the lovely green pollen coating every outdoor exposed surface. I lost 6 days of no running, no exercise.... that hurts after where I have progressed to (especially last weeks workout). But I got out and ran 3 miles during my break at school today... I know 3 miles is a warm up before a workout or race... but it was an indicator to see how my legs and more importantly my breathing would hold up from coming off one of the worst flu bouts I have ever had. I felt ok... not great as it was in the heat of the day... and it was tough to breath for me. But i took it easy and came out feeling like I will be back in full stride by next monday. I am going to go for 5 tomorrow and hit a 10 miler on sunday.... I was getting ready to hit 16 this sunday for the first time (as I hit two 15's in the last two weeks)... but no rushing it is what I learned. I may get more in on sunday as my long run will be a bit inconsistent while out on course running and cheering on my GRC buddies during the Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10 miler.
I was bitter to see i was ranked 25th in the invitational 5000 at Bucknell for tomorrow night. I submitted a much faster time than I have run for 5k... I felt that my workouts showed me I could have a shattering break through performance for this distance in the right race... I am using this as motivation. I am excited for pikes peek on sunday april 25th!

No comments:

Post a Comment