Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sick again....

So, I am officially sick again.... Only 3 weeks ago I got a 48 hour bug that lingered with chest congestion for about 8 days.... I was able to bounce back from that... have a solid race at MD on the track and a very premature but very strong 3 x deuce workout on tuesday. I got home on wednesday (late night)... I had a great 8 mile run on thursday. But on friday, after playing a round of golf with my dad, I began to feel chills... and noticed that while I was cold... i was sweating... Could I be getting sick again??? the answer that I was hoping not to deal with was YES. I woke up yesterday morning (saturday) in a pool of sweat... I clocked a 101.6 fever... the fever went down with IB. but the chills, the chest/throat congestion and dizziness due to head congestion continued. Last night, I felt the worse yet... my symptoms are now at flu-like symptoms... I am still in PA (which is good and bad)... Good being that I get taken care of like a little boy again by mommy. but bad as in... I have to go back to work in two days... and if i had to go back tomorrow... I would laugh at the person that tried demanding that...
Overall, late friday morning i just thought i was having allergy symptoms (as my eyes have been itchy all week, throat scratchy, etc)... standard for me at this time of year... Obviously this is no allergy reaction. Sickness has always put a hault on my training when it begins to get really good... It is very frustrating...

1 comment: