Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Live your life to the fullest!

Make the best out of life... Go "all in" everyday in your life... Throw it down like there is no tomorrow... All of these approaches to one's life all sum up my Grandfather Joseph J. Wiegner Sr. Pop Pop Wiegner passed away on Tuesday July 6th at the age of 88. He was the husband of Agnes Wiegner(Grandma)as well as 4 boys and 5 daughters. Calling Pop Pop a hard worker serves no justice to his commitment and dedication to his family, career and life in general. He was never a complainer, always looked at the glass as half-full. The kind of man I want to mirror my life off of. I truly will miss my Pop Pop but I know he is in a better place. He is now with his mother, father, brother as well as my late Uncle Bruce. They are now at peace with one another in heaven. As sad as it was at times, the funeral services were beautiful. It really showed now many lives Pop Pop touched with how many people made it out for his viewing and funeral. It was really amazing hearing some of the stories of my Pop Pop from people who knew him in a different light than I did... He really was a great man and a man that if I can be half of, I would be much satisfied. Rest easy Pop Pop Wiegner. I love and miss you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Pop Pop Joe, he seemed like a great guy. I think the "live life to the fullest" message is a great one for everyone, but i know a lot of runners who really put it to use in their training and racing. When i think about life in its fullest and also coping with difficult losses, running is one of the first things that comes to mind. For me, when its all said and done, I want to be able to say I gave it my all, that I kept going when I stumbled and that no matter what I always looked ahead to the finish line, despite what was in my way. Keep your head up man, I think your grandpa would be really proud, not just of your running achievements, but of what a tremendous guy and friend you are.

    ReplyDelete