Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Friday, July 23, 2010

Only way to go from here is UP!!!


This will be my first week over the 80 mark since 2003! I will be in this 80 zone for 2 more weeks... with the third teetering 90! That will in fact be my highest week in this lead up to the Philly Distance Run on 9/19
Sunday: 18 miles w/ Karl on the Cabin John Trails. Felt surprisingly good off a late night.
Monday: 10 miles w/ Karl around Tilden woods and surrounding neighborhoods... I felt flat and like crap... The kinda crap you know will not be there the next day after a nice meal and rest.
Tuesday: 5 miles. I had a tough day at work and could only fit in 5 tonight. I am ok with this as I am using this as a recovery day as well.
Wednesday: 14 miles total: WORKOUT WEDNESDAY!
5 miles out down capital crescent from BCC at Easy/Med (6:30pace)
5 miles back averaging 5:20's on the uphill stretch.
8 x 150 striders with 150 recovery
2 mile barefoot cool down.
***Workout did not start out good at all as I was very dizzy and in need of energy. i was at an orioles game with my camp all day and did not eat enough. As I got into the tempo portion i started feeling better... funny how that happens. The 150s were VERY controlled and felt nice. The barefoot cooldown on the cool wet grass felt like heaven.
Thursday: DOUBLE!
AM: 10 miles w/ the North Bethesda Distance Project...
PM: 6 miles
***Both runs felt good. Nice and relaxed on both runs as well.
Friday: 9 miles again with the North Bethesda Distance Project (Jake, Karl, Jordan and Scott). Nice and relaxed in Rock Creek Park...

No comments:

Post a Comment