Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Thursday, October 21, 2010

10/20/10: The rust buster workout... 11 miles for the day.


Last night I met up with Chicken Tender, Scott Koonce, Ryan Hanson and Chris Sloane for my first track workout of the fall.  Due to a soccer game at BCC, we worked out at Georgetown Preps beautiful facilities.  They have a carolina blue track, turf field and a really nice cross country course to warm up on.  Coach Jerry met me for the workout and had me start out the fall season with nothing too taxing... more just a workout to get my legs turning over again but still get some much needed strength in as well.  The workout was 8x800 cut downs:  starting at 2:30 and working down with 2 and 1/2 minute rest.  Chicken Tender and Ryan ran a workout that Klim proposed for Chicken Tender (5 x mile and 1x 800 cut down).  Though I was working out solo, it was a phenomenal feeling to get back out and get some quality in... My splits were as follows:
       2:30
       2:25
       2:26
       2:24
       2:25
       2:22
       2:19
       2:20
      The workout felt really controlled and relaxed... I felt like I was a bit all over the place with my quarter splits... Jerrry had to tell me frequently to relax, as I would come through in 68-70 near the end... Where I was not trying to run faster than 2:20 for this first workout back.  His plan is to simply ease back in, especially after just getting over a bronchial infection 2 weeks ago.  I got in some nice miles as well.  a 3 mile warm up/ workout was 6 miles total (w/ recovery) and a 2 mile cooldown.  it was nice to see Andy Chicken Tender run a great workout.  The boy is ready for sub 33 at Vets day!!!  Ryan Hanson is a great addition to our team and I greatly look forward to him being a top notch training partner this year.  Scott looked really good on his intervals considering he is just getting back into things after running chicago!  It was also nice but frustrating to see Red Fox at the track.  Nice because his presence is very welcoming as he is the leader of this team... but frustrating that he is not in his running garb throwing it down with us.  Soon enough (before he knows it), he will be back to his old form hungry as ever!        

No comments:

Post a Comment