Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Saturday, October 30, 2010

10/30/10: A nice group run.

I met about 10 GRCers for the usual saturday run from the Georgetown store.  We headed out towards Fletchers and just before the right for Ernest loop, we turned around at about 31 minutes.  We picked up the pace slightly on the way back.  I am racing tomorrow and usually the day prior to a race I do not exceed 40 minutes.  I ran a bit further today but tomorrows race is simply a rust-buster/fitness indicator.  Feeling out the waters again and see where I am at.  The competition I am sure will be there (Pacers, GRC Ethiopia and company) and I will try to run with them as long as I can.  The trek to fairfax is going to suck, as I have avoided racing in VA like the plague (haha just kidding... i seriously though have never run a race in Northern VA!). 
  On another note.  The GRC team is getting wicked crazy with some new young talent that keep rolling in and joining the team. I am very excited to train with these guys on a regular basis. Recent aquisitions to the team include:
    Jerry Greenlaw(cortland state)- 30:36 10k
    Ryan Hanson(Allegheny college)-  3:53 1500, 14:40 5k
    Sam Luff (Cornell)    30:37 road 10k
  

No comments:

Post a Comment