Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A recovery day and Repeat 12's tonight!

Yesterday was my recovery day for the week.  I am staying lower mileage still for the next few weeks before ramping up after Vets Day 10k.  Basically I am going into each week running mileage that would put me around 70 but taking 1 days off.  I have been feeling good with this and it is helping me through the tough allergies/sinus issues I deal with during this time of the year.  Having that one day of no running is huge.  However, next week I will be running my first full week.  Every other week I will be taking a day off but the day will include some nice pool running.  Pool running will be my way of getting my body in high aerobic shape for my Spring races.  Instead of tacking on another 20-30 miles to get me to be a 110-115 mile/week guy.... I simply aqua run the remaining minutes I need to get the same result (minus the pounding). 
  Tonight I will meet a large (and mostly new) group of GRCers at BCC.  Coach Jerry is putting myself, Outlaw and Hanson through repeat 12's.  We will run these like the repeat 8's i ran last week... gradually getting quicker each interval... It will be about a 12 mile evening. 

   developing....

No comments:

Post a Comment