Thankful for the gift. Each and every day

Saturday, October 23, 2010

10/23/10: 11 miles w/ GRC. + Team Meeting


 Photo above:  Ban flipping off random donkey at family campground...

I met up with several of my GRC teammates for a run from Chevy Chase, prior to our Fall Team Meeting.  We headed down the CCT to Fletchers, ran up some road I had no idea what it was... Then all the sudden found that I was the navigator, as Ernst, Ban and Dusen were running behind us.  As myself, Jerry Greenlaw (aka Outlaw), newcomer Sam Luff (former standout at Cornell, recently won the Great Race in 30:30 for 10k), Alabama/Texas/St. Paul/ Paul Guevara made a wrong turn thanks to my great navigation skills, we ended up heading down towards the chain bridge,... Charlie Ban saved the day when he ran us down to yell "you idiots are going the wrong way!"  We turned around, only going a little over a mile out of the way and headed back to wisconsin, got back on route and finished up a solid 11 miler in perfect temps.  I ran with gloves and a headband today... Fall is officially here!!! 
   After the run, we met at Panera for our team meeeting.  We got a lot of topics covered and the moral is high.  Our team has really grown in recent months.  We have got several key additions that add to our competitive front as well, which is really exciting!  We also have the making of a solid women's team forming which is nice to see.  I am looking forward to training with my teammates both new and old!  Here's to a successful Fall, Winter and Spring campaign!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was a Pony on Assateague Island. He pooped in our campground every morning for a week

    ReplyDelete